Monday, August 6, 2012

Baked Beer Brats


To me, summer means grilling, grilling, and more grilling! There's nothing we love more about summer than spending some time outside playing with the kids while grilling out. My husband Patrick is truly the Burger Master, and we have many friends who can attest to that fact.

While try to grill as much as we can, but the summer heat can become pretty unbearable at times, and that means stepping foot outdoors is out of the question. On those days when we still want traditional summer food, we turn to my husband's recipe for beer brats that can be made in the oven. He first made these for me when we were dating, and I've been addicted ever since. They get really juicy on the inside from cooking in the beer and seasoning, and they have just the right amount of snap when you bite into them.

If I got to eat these beer brats all the time, I wouldn't even miss the grill. Plus, this recipe just involves throwing ingredients into a pan and putting it into the oven. It doesn't get any easier than that.


Ingredients: 1 bottle of beer (I prefer lagers for this recipe), 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons olive oil

Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a glass pan and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then flip brats over and cook for another 20 minutes.

Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and enjoy! My toppings of choice are ketchup and red onion :) I'm sure this one will quickly become a summer favorite of yours too!

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this. Thanks for the recipe! We love beer in our house and I bet they would be great with our turkey brats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat meat but this still looks delicious!! I may have to try this recipe for hubby. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good. My husband would be in heaven!

    I am your newest follower from Sundae Scoop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle later today. Love for you to link up!

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. tried this last night soooooooo good and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made this for my wife and two boys . . . let's just say, besides saying the blessing, there wasn't a whole lot of talking at the dinner table. I always like to slice my brats into a little larger than bite size pieces and throw them in my spaghetti sauce . . . lay it generously over noodles and top with parmessan cheese, and it is is wrap. Thanks for the recipe, I had one Lagar left in the fridge so it worked out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails