Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The (neutral) Hospital Survival Kit

Don't forget....there's only one more week until Button Down Rehab begins! Grab your old button down shirts, and come back here some much needed rehab and refashions June 20-July 1.

My Own Road

________________________________________________________

I wanted to thank everyone for all of your wonderful comments on my Hospital Survival Kit I made for new mothers! I hope you all are able to bless some other new mamas with some much needed goodies to make their stay at the hospital more comfortable too.

I'm so happy to tell you that my friend that I made the kit for had her sweet baby girl, Annabella, on June 7th. When I went to visit her in the hospital, my friend was wearing the headband I gave her and told me the box of granola bars I included in the kit was almost gone. I was so happy to know I was able to help her out in my own way.

And just look at this adorable baby!



Have you ever seen so much beautiful hair on such a little person??

I think she has more than my 6-month-old! Holding that tiny baby kind of made me want another one now. My husband vetoed that idea right away. I suppose I should focus on caring for the two that I have at the moment - at least for another year or so :)

I had a reader post a comment over the weekend that she wanted to make a kit for some of her friends who didn't know their babies' gender yet, so could I make some neutral colored tags as well? Why didn't I do that in the first place??


I updated my post on The Hospital Survival Kit to include gender neutral printables as well as the pink or blue tags.


You can also click HERE to go download them directly.

4 comments:

  1. That kit is such a good idea, and WOW I have never seen hair like that on a baby! Holy moly, how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea. I've been collecting a few goodies for a month now to make my husband a "care basket" for the hospital, with snacks, drinks, magazines...anything to keep him entertained while waiting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, I just love the idea of doing a "Hospital Survival Kit" for all of our special people who are having babies this spring. I do have one question or favor to ask of you.... if possible. I have two nieces who are expecting babies this spring/summer. One of them is going to have a "Home Water Birth" and I think that is so cool. However, these templates say "Hospital". Is there any way for me to change the "Hospital" part and change the wording to accomodate her choice in child birth methods? If so, would you mind sending me a message to tell me how? Or if you could just create one more tag template for a gender neutral baby thats being born at home? Thank you so much for your talent and great ideas. Christy Livingston at christy.livingston17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hospital survival kit is such a great idea. My daughter is expecting and I am having a shower for her. The hospital survival kit will go nicely for her. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea.Georgie Haman at kyadoptionoptions@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails