Monday, May 2, 2011

Flowers and Dots baby shower - FREE printables!

A friend of mine is expecting a little girl in June so this past weekend, some friends and I threw her a baby shower with a "flower and dots" theme.

Her nursery colors are very colorful and bright, so I wanted to incorporate those colors throughout.


I made a banner to hang in the entryway and hung it with clear fishing line.


Friends made the food for the shower. The table was full of fun finger foods: egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches, chips, candy, cupcakes and skewers of angel food cake and strawberries drizzled in chocolate.

For table decorations, I made cute topiaries by covering floral foam with tissue paper. The base of the topiaries was filled with spring colored M and M's.



I also made standing labels for the food.





My favorite part though, was the cupcake toppers that I made using lollipop sticks and ribbon to look like little flowers on top of each cupcake.




I wanted to make something special that could be both a decoration and gift for the mama-to-be, so I decided to make a framed name plaque for the baby, Annabella Rose.

I used Photoshop and Illustrator to design the picture, then I painted a wood frame that I bought at Wal-Mart. It made a cute decoration on the entryway table where people signed the guest book.




We're excited to meet you Annabella!!

--------------------------------------------------------

Download my free cupcake toppers HERE. I included blank ones as well.

I'll be doing a tutorial later this week to show you how to make your own spring topiary just in time for Mother's Day!



Linking up:


oneprettythingPhotobucket
Tip Junkie handmade projectsBubbly Nature
Sumo Sweet StuffPhotobucket
Today's Creative Blog

Show and Tell Wednesday at Blue Cricket Design

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful shower! I love the decorations and personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super cute and fun! YOu did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you tell me - is it just strawberries & angel food cake drizzled with chocolate on a skewer? These look perfect for a party I'm attending. Thanks!
    tammie1210@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun. Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. What type of chocolate did you use to drizzle over the strawberry shortcake on a stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any melted chocolate chips or chocolate melts really. I think dark chocolate would be really good!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the idea of skewering the angel food cake and strawberries! I made them last night for a 30th birthday party, and they went over SO well!! I used semi-sweet chocolate chips with a touch of coconut oil. Blogged about them here: http://youpinspireme.blogspot.ca/2012/06/chocolate-drizzled-dessert-kababs.html# Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone likes strawberries so what would a party be without these fruits? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can these be made a say in advance...or will the angel food cake get soggy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails